Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

An integral type is too small to hold a pointer value

I am evaluating SonarQube for my company. We are developing embedded devices on ARM Cortex-M . Our architecture is 32bit and pointers are 32bit as well.

During our evaluation process, we found out that we get an error of "An integral type is too small to hold a pointer value" even though we convert pointers to uint32_t which are big enough for that purpose.

I do understand that there are suggested limitation for casting pointers to ints, but in my case the size does match.

bottom line - I did not find where I declare my compiler and core architecture so SonarQube can take these into account. (integral size, endianity, etc...) Is it supported?

Thanks Lior

Comments