Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Better Recipe Database Design

I have asked this question, but I will ask this again. Please bear with me. Sorry for double asking.

I have decided for my recipe database to have a 2-3 tables.

Recipe Table, Ingredients Table. I am not sure of a 3rd one, maybe one that will connect the other 2?

So in my recipe table, I'll have:

Recipe_id(int),
Recipe_name(varchar),
Ingredients(---),
Description(Text),
Instructions(Text)

For my ingredients table, I'll have

Ingredient_id(int),
Ingredient_name(varchar), 
nutrition(---)

The --- represents that I am still unsure what data type.

I am making a recipe recommend that takes data from users to automatically filter out recipes that may be harmful to the user.(The data will be coming from the user's profile/personal information.

In order to do that, I need to map the nutritional facts of each ingredients for the above functionality. My question is, What better data type for ingredients? and also for nutritional fact. Is my DB design any good?

I need suggestions from those who have far more knowledge on DB designing than me. I have no problem on coding this, I am stuck on the complexity of my database.

I cannot start coding if I have not built my db. I really want to make this, this could really be useful for other users if ever I could finish this in time and upload in to the internet.

Plus, If you guys could point me out to any notes regarding relational database(Basics).

Comments