Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Does Conan support C++17?

In the near future I'm beginning work on a large-scale (and long-term) C++ project for my work. I would like to use C++17, however to simply on-boarding of new developers to the project and prevent dependency issues, I would like to look into a package management solution.

Googling "C++ package manager" turns up Conan. I tried installing it to test it out, but I noticed one of the options:

compiler.libcxx=libstdc

Looking at ~/.conan/setting.yml for options, this can either be set to libstdc or libstdc++11, which leads me to believe that this is determining whether packages should be chosen for C++11 support. Is my understanding of this option correct? If I set this to libstdc++11 and then install a package, will it compile with -std=c++11? Can I add libstdc++17 to the settings.yml file to compile with -std=c++17?

Is my understanding of Conan (and package management in general) mistaken?

Comments