Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Excel: Problem with an INDIRECT() in a VLOOKUP()

This is the formula I am using:

=VLOOKUP([@Summary];INDIRECT("[" & J8 & "]" & "Sheet1" & "!" & "C2:D109"; FALSE);2;FALSE)

I want to do a VLOOKUP() with data from another file. The name of the files comes from cell J8, that is why I am using the INDIRECT() function. It works fine, when cell J8 contains the name of the file, i.e.

Dev_KW51_2018.xlsx

Now comes my problem. I don't want to just write the filename in J8. It should be created dynamically according to the following formula:

=CONCATENATE("Dev_KW";WEEKNUM(TODAY());"_2018.xlxs")

But when I do this the VLOOKUP formula stops working and returns a #REF!. Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Comments