Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Gmail Extension - Filters Indicator?

I'm a gmail user and using a lot filters to manage my spam to go directly to the trash I got plenty of filters (more than 150) and can't remember them all. I'm not a dev, but I can do some VBA programming on Excel.

I got the idea to develop an extension for gmail user that answer the question : "Why my mail has been there". I don't know if it's better with the add-on in gmail config or directly in Chrome ...

The idea is to tell the user, why the mail he his reading has been moved there.

Exemple : my filter is : if the corpse in the mail you find "oral se*" then apply a label "SPAM and SCAM" and move it to the trash

WIth this filter being set, I open a random mail in my gmail

Launch this extension and test if the filter his applicable or not if yes, then put a overlayed popup to tell that this mail is applicable for the filter "Oral se*"

Again i'm not a dev, and not used to javascript or whatever :) !

If I was programming in vba it will be like :

dim numberoffilters = Each instruction filter on gmail dim openmail = binary status of a mail (false = not open; true = a mail is opened)

'test if a mail is opened or not if openedmail = true then 'for each filter in the userfilters ... for i = 1 to numberoffilters 'test if the filter in the gmail's filters is applicable to the actual mail call testfilter 'test 'if the filter can be applied, then display a popup or a box overlay with the name of the filter

next i end if

If someone is capable of doing that, or help me doing it, It will be great ! I'm just so confused with scripts ...

edit : I start a little using the Gmail Add-on feature and using "Card" I followed the tutorial on https://developers.google.com/gmail/add-ons/guides/quickstart and realise that it was exactly what I wanted INSTEAD of labels, it's the user filters. I want a conditionnal that ONLY show filters that answer a "yes" to the actual mail i'm reading.

I hope someone help me out

Thanks !

Comments