Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

How do I set the default font size in a pasted shape

We have many thousands of pptx files that users periodically update with new information by pasting in text from the clipboard onto the slide of interest. Selecting the slide and hitting CTRL-V pastes the text, but it pastes it as a shape instead of a text box. Is there an option to (by default) create a true text box object instead of creating shape object with text in it when text is pasted onto the slide from the clipboard? If not, is there a way to set the default font size of text within a shape object (from the currently default 31 to 16)?

I created a shape with a font size of 16 and then right clicked to Set as Default Shape, but this had no effect. The next time I pasted text in from the clipboard, the font size was again 31. I also looked around in the Options menu (nothing of relevance found there) and tried making a few changes in the Slide Master, but I didn't see anything in there about Shapes (just Pictures).

Comments