Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

How to add record from a csv file to an access mdb file

I have a window application that I developed in c# that use an mdb file to populate a dataset and show records in a listview. I made a csv export, but now I'd like to have a csv import. Can someone help me to figure it out? I tried a code, but only I can update dataset, not the access mdb file. Thank you

This is the code I've tried:

private void importDataFromCSVToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        var filePath = string.Empty;

        using (OpenFileDialog openFileDialog = new OpenFileDialog())
        {
            openFileDialog.Filter = "CSV File (*.csv)|*.csv";
            openFileDialog.FilterIndex = 1;
            openFileDialog.RestoreDirectory = true;

            if (openFileDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
            {
                //Get the path of specified file
                filePath = openFileDialog.FileName;

                OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection
               ("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source = " +
                 Path.GetDirectoryName(filePath) +
                 "; Extended Properties = \"Text;HDR=YES;FMT=Delimited\"");

                conn.Open();

                OleDbDataAdapter adapter = new OleDbDataAdapter
                       ("SELECT * FROM " + Path.GetFileName(filePath), conn);


                adapter.Fill(this.dataSet1.nominativi);

                conn.Close();

                LoadList();
                loadComboBox();
            }
        }
    }

Comments