Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

How to extract month or year or day of the month from an Sqlite database column which is created as DATE format?

I have an sqlite db. I need to make a comparison of the current date's month and day with a column from the database which is created as DATE format.

For example I have the following code:

import sqlite3
from datetime import datetime

current_month = datetime.today().month
current_day = datetime.today().day

conn = sqlite3.connect('mydb.db')

conn.row_factory = sqlite3.Row
c = conn.cursor()
c.execute('SELECT * FROM hr')
for data in c.fetchall():
    emp_date = data['employement_date']
    print(emp_date) #This prints the dates from that column formatted as YYYY-MM-DD.

So I want to make a comparison like;

if current_day == empdate(date) or current_month == empdate(month) print("True")

so the empdate(date) expression and empdate(month) expression are just an example. I'm trying to find the right extraction code to replace these examples.

The type of the emp_date is

Thanks.

Comments