Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

mysql refreshing data shiny

I am trying to use Shiny to add some patients data to a MySQL Workbech database. The first step is to check if the patient is already registered in the database and, if not, adding him/her to it. After that, I need to upload test results related to those patients.
All the information is in a .xlsx file so the shiny app reads it and transfers the data to the database.
The first part is working ok but I have some problems uploading the results if the patient is a new one. I realized that the information in the database isn't updated until I close the app and manually refresh the tables in the database. Because of this, the new patient info can't be found by the app so it's impossible to upload results related to it.
Any idea to solve this? I don't know if it's something that can be fixed from Shiny or if I need to change something in MySQL Workbench.
Sorry if the explanation is not very clear.
Many thanks!

Comments