Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Need help on understanding input.className vs. just .className to style a asp.net textbox

I'm using the default template in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. I am trying to style a textbox but I get different results when using css.

What is the difference in CSS when using input.theClassName vs. .theClassName to sytle the textbox? input.textEntry styles properly, but just .textEntry does not (the width is off and etc.) Any suggestions would be great and thanks.

<asp:TextBox ID="UserName" runat="server" CssClass="textEntry" placeholder=":Username"></asp:TextBox>

input.textEntry
    {
        /*width: 320px;*/
        width: 100%;
        height: 35px;
        font-size: 18px;
        padding-left: 8px;
        font-family: verdana, arial, snas-serif;
        border: 1px solid #ccc;
    }

Comments