Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Set password without login on email link (click) on user creation

I am trying to allow a new user to be able to set a password on the creation of User account, on the creation of user account I am sending an E-mail containing a link to the user email-id where on click of the link I am redirecting him to set password state without login/session.

But I am having a problem with URL regex (i guess) as I am not able to send any parameters within the URL. e.g., if I am sending www.mywebsite.com/setPassword/userId=12 or www.mywebsite.com/setPassword?userId=2 I am getting www.mywebsite.com/setPassword only, I need to be able to send userId so that I can identify the user and set the password for the same. P.S. I am using angularJS and Rothe R for backend, but this issue I think is angular-side.

For starter, i am skipping the session part for the my setPassword state. Will it affect the security of the website?

var urlWithoutlLogin = ["setPassword"];
     if (urlWithoutlLogin.indexOf($state.current.name) != -1){
          console.log("$state.current.name",$state.current.name);
          $state.go($state.current.name);
       }

On click of the link i am checking is 'setPassword' given then i am going to the state without checking for session/login which i have written in else part, but how to send parameters in url to fetch and save data in the state for particular User.

Comments