Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Text cut and pasted from some web pages, facebook and word will not update in mysql

Mysql update problem

I have a mysql database - data inserted in there by html php form upload. This sometimes means users cut and paste data text from 3rd party sources but at this stage data displays fine.

I have constructed an admin page which lists all rows and allows a particular row to be edited - works fine and selected row populates input and text area boxes correctly. Changes can be made to any field in a row which has data originally typed in (NOT cut and pasted) but any row with cut and paste text in it will not update.

Is this an ownership permissions problem or a mixed up encoding issue. Cut and paste text originated in notepad is fine or any other plain text editor? So to narrow further if text data is originally taken from a website or from a word/ libre office article it cannot be edited - therefore in my logic is this a permissions problem? To further assert - article cut and pasted from facebook then into notepad and then into database CANNOT be updated.

I have seen some questions on this but none seem exactly the same. I don't think its a code issue so not included code. Collation is utf8

Comments