Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

The program '[15400] WPFApp.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0)

I've been investigating a crash when running a WPF application that occurs intermittently and seems to be related to heap corruption (see here: Unexplained crashes related to ntdll.dll)

At this point, I have a new problem because I cannot run the application at all on my machine (although the executable works on other machines), and I cannot even step into the program entry point using F11 (Visual Studio 2017).

So my guess is that something is corrupted on my machine or the memory being used by Visual Studio is no longer usable, but I've never had this type of issue before. I need to get this application running again on my machine so I can continue debugging the production issue seen on all machines.

These are all x64 machines. The application is targeting any CPU. Please let me know if I can provide further information in order to assist me.

I've checked the code back out fresh from source, rebooted several times and a few other things. Behavior on my machine seems to be getting worse over the last few days as yesterday I was at least able to step into the code before it crashed.

Update: If I turn on native code debugging for the project, I get a message:

Module.h not found

Exception thrown at 0x772AC2EE (combase.dll) in BCS-UI.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

and

Source not available

WPFApp.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

Update 2: Found error in event log, pointing to verifier.dll. I uninstalled "Application Verifier" and I seem to be getting further than before.

Update 3: Next onion layer:

Source not available

Exception thrown at 0x7616AB32 (KernelBase.dll) in BCS-UI.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000004.

Comments