Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Using Google Forms to create database for my company? Is this advisable

I work at a Business Incubator in an education institute. Recently, I was tasked with designing and creating a database such that data regarding entrepreneurial teams we have helped incubate, as well as past participants in our talks/events. The database will serve as a point of reference to the teams that we have worked with in the past, as well as viewing the demographics of the participants of our talks/competitions.

I am a new addition to the Incubator. In the past, their data came from google forms , the school’s sharepoint systems emails and separate excel sheets. Currently, the colleague that I am working with has the idea to revamp the google forms and use general templates, e.g. have one google sheet for talks, but not specifying the talk name, and so the google sheet linked to the form would record ALL talks, and we can differentiate between the talks by the timeframe.

I don’t think that using Google forms is the right way to move forward. It just doesn’t feel right. The form data would not be linked and there is no clean and clear approach to collecting group team sign-ups in one form, which creates problems in getting clean data for team competitions.

Moving forward, I’ve tried to think of other alternative to Google Forms, but so far I can only think of creating a web application as a single point of entry for the data, with my own forms, and a database linked to it. Problem is, I am not very good at coding and don’t have the confidence to create this app/database. I am also the only one who will be building the database, and my colleagues and boss do not have any background in computer science/database structure.

I don’t really know what to do, and I don’t have the confidence that I can do this because I feel like I don’t really have the skills to do this, and also lack the mentorship needed for this. Would appreciate any advice, really.

Comments