Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Wrong Json format? Cannot deserialize Json into List(of String)

I have a string with the following format

{data : [ "value 1", "value 2", "value 3"]}{data : [ "value 1", "value 2", "value 3"]}

and want to read this into aList(of String). Since I need this application to read many different strings all having the format from above but different length I cannot predefine a class to write this into (at least do I not know how to do this). So I want to write it into a List(of String).

What I have tried (according to this solution) is:

Dim jsonObj as Object = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(Of Object)(allText)

where allText is a string. But I get the error:

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException
  HResult=0x80131500
  Message=Additional text encountered after finished reading JSON content: ,. Path '', line 1, position 531.

Looking at 531 there is occuring ]}{ the first time. So I thought I can handel this with embracing everything into {} as well but then I get the error:

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException
  HResult=0x80131500
  Message=Invalid property identifier character: {. Path '', line 1, position 1.

Could anyone tell me if the format of the Json is wrong and how to adjust it to overcome the error?

Comments