Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Youtube-DL batch process. Default Destination Problem

Where do I put place the default directory in my code? I have been trying for 5 hours. I am using Notebook++. I have the youtube-dl.exe (not the extracted). I would like to know how to edit my code so the default download location will change. Do I have to create a youtube-dl.conf file? do i have to place an alternative directory in the original script? somebody please help

I am fairly new. So I've tried viewing others but it hasn't been working. I basically wan't the completed downloads to go to my network drive. I've read that there is a way to edit the config file and that I can keep the same script. Whatever makes the most sense.

youtube-dl --playlist-reverse --download-archive C:\DL\Youtube\downloaded.txt -i -o "%(uploader)s/%(playlist)s/%(playlist)s - S01E%(playlist_index)s - %(title)s [%(id)s].%(ext)s" -f bestvideo[ext=mp4]+bestaudio[ext=m4a] --merge-output-format mp4 --add-metadata --write-thumbnail --batch-file=C:\DL\Youtube\Channels_to_DL.txt

I'm sure it's fairly easy. I am just getting into it. I was always more into trouble shooting, but coding can make my brain hurt. LOL. Thanks I basically wan't the completed downloads to go to my network drive.

Comments