Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Host two websites on one IP address on IIS

A customer has asked me to install an application on IIS running server 2012 R2. There is a default website that points to the outside world. There is no DNS name it is just an IP address. I cannot add a header name as it affects customers ability to access the site and they don't want to register a name, they want to keep the IP address as the point of access.

I have added my application as a separate website and imported the application to it and it works fine locally and I have added the site to the host's file, so all good there.

Obviously, the IP address is associated with the default website and not my website.

I want to be able to access my application through the IP address. I cannot make any changes to the default web site.

As the server will not ever have a name, I am confused about how to add a DNS entry into the server or if this is even the right way.

I have tried adding my application to the default website as a separate application, but the web.config files are conflicting and throwing errors. So my application has to be a seperate web site.

So the question is, how do I host two websites on one IP address and one port (80, as all the routing is on 80), where I can only name the non-default web site.

TIA

Comments