Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Is it possible to execute RDL from VB.net?

I have a vb.net program. This program gathers data from various sources. and puts it into a Dataset and data table.

Now I understand SSRS and RDL file need a static database connection, with a static data source and data set define (select * from table). unfortunately with the various data that I gather I don't have that luxury.

Can I somehow connect the data set / data table that I have in VB.net program to the RDL. So RDL somehow use that data set / data table as the data set ? I can still write the SQL select statement, but I don't have the connection until my program complete it's job.

My end goal is to render the PDF as if the RDL run with like a regular SQL database connection on SSRS. the only difference is this RDL does not have a SQL connection, instead it uses the dot net dataset/datatable build by my program. and instead of invoking the report RDL via SSRS report viewer (internet explorer) , I will need to invoke the RDL via programming?

is this possible?

Thank you

found an article that on first glance maybe doing what I am looking for https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/607382/%2FArticles%2F607382%2FRunning-a-RDL-RDLC-SQL-Report-in-ASP-NET-without-S

Comments