Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Remove python suffix version and py36.egg on your package

I 'm creating my own package on python. In my setup.py i declare name, version, package, package_dir and i push on git after complete deveplope on local. Here is my setup.py:

from setuptools import setup, find_packages
from distutils.extension import Extension
# import versioneer

DISTNAME = 'Animals'
VERSION = '0.1'
LICENSE = 'BSD'
DESCRIPTION = 'My First Package'
AUTHOR = "KhanhPhamDinh"
EMAIL = "phamdinhkhanh.tkt53.neu@gmail.com"
URL = "https://github.com/phamdinhkhanh/FirstPackagePython"
DOWNLOAD_URL = ''

setup(name=DISTNAME,
      version=VERSION,
      description=DESCRIPTION,
      author=AUTHOR,
      author_email=EMAIL,
      url=URL,
      #package name are looked in python path
      packages=find_packages('Animals-0.1-py3.6.egg'),
      #root directory
      package_dir = {'':'src'} ,
      # package_data={'mypack': ['template/*.txt', 'template/*.rst']},
      #Looking for modules file
      py_modules = ['Birds', 'Mammals'],
      install_requires=INSTALL_REQUIRES,
      test_suite='tests',
      zip_safe=False,
     )

But when i use pip install git+https://github.com/phamdinhkhanh/Animmals.git to install my package. in the lib, this was appended -version-py36.egg as Animals-0.1-py3.6.egg and it is reason why i can import package.

What should we do in setup.py to fix name into Animals?

Comments