Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Create realtime copies of log files, automatically removing sensitive data

I need to be able to monitor a log file directory in realtime, writing an exact copy of all files contained within (including newly created ones) to a new directory, but with all sensitive information (e.g. IP addresses) removed. This needs to be a fully automated process, running in the background (i.e. no GUI, unless it's just for configuration). The log files are generated by a 3rd party program, so I have no control over how they are created.

This Linux program satisifes the first part of the requirement: https://github.com/madivad/retail. It would be reasonably straight-forward to parse the output via a regex to remove IP addresses. However, this needs to be on Windows.

Does anyone know of a way to do this in Windows? I'm happy to develop my own solution, but don't want to reinvent the wheel if there's a tool that already does it.

Comments