Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

createcnetconsoleapplicationexeappbashdotnetcommandnotfound

I created a simple console application with c# .net using Visual Studio (7.7) community for mac. I cannot find a .exe file in the output folder structure after I used the "Build --> build all" option. It works great in the "run --> start debugging" mode.

I tried the two commands below but both times I got -bash: dotnet: command not found

`dotnet publish -c Release -r ubuntu.16.10-x64`

`dotnet build MyConsole.csproj --configuration Release --runtime win- 
x64 /p:CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies=false;IsNestedBuild=true`

How do I create a .exe/.app file for c# .net applications?

I have installed the .NET Core Installer and .NET Core Binaries and the dotnet command is still not found.

My .csproj file has the code below

`<Project Sdk="Microsoft.NET.Sdk">

  <PropertyGroup>
    <OutputType>Exe</OutputType>
    <TargetFramework>netcoreapp2.1</TargetFramework>
  </PropertyGroup>

</Project>`

I think my problem is more similar to I've installed dot net core on mac, but didn't find "dotnet" command

than to Build .NET Core console application to output an EXE?

But I can't locate the file dotnet.exe

Comments