Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

readweightfromscaleinhtml

Can anybody help me with this?

I need to create a web that get weight of an item using scale as an input. The requirement is that user must not be able to edit the weight. I had done several researches but had not found the right solution.

Here are my obstacles: 1. Weight is inputted from scale connected to the computer using rs232-usb converter. This means that I cannot use Javascript for the process. 2. My alternative is to use rs232 keyboard wedge to input the weight to the text box and set the text box property to read only on onchange event. The keyboard wedge do input the weight but it inputted a wrong data. Also, the wedge does not trigger the onchange event. 3. I thought that using PHP might help. But, from my research I found out that getting port data using PHP only works on Linux, PHP serial on windows create problems and the library is still filled with bugs, and i am currently using windows.

The scale transfer 10 bits of data. 1 starting bit, 1 end bit and 8 data bits.

So, does anybody have an idea or sources or solution to my obstacles? I do need a simple solution and some details if possible as I am a beginner.

Regards, Vun

Comments