Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Virtual environment in Pycharm not recognized

I have created a virtual environment for my project. The folder structure is like this

|--- desktop
  |--- project
    |--- main.py
  |--- venv
    |--- bin

When I use the terminal to activate the virtual environment (Python 3.5.2) and then run my main.py everything works just fine.

Recently, I downloaded PyCharm. After downloading and installing PyCharm I thought it would be better to move the venv folder into the project folder such that the new folder structure is:

|--- desktop
  |--- project
    |--- venv
      |--- bin
    |--- main.py

When I try to activate the virtual environment I do not get the proper Python version (2.7.12 instead of 3.5.2) and I am not able to run my main.py because the new virtual environment does not have all the modules that I have normally installed in my real virtual environment. The project settings still say that I am using the real virtual environment with python 3.5.2.

Edit: I have also tried all the answers in from this post: PyCharm cannot find the packages in virtualenv. I am also not able to create a new venv from the one that is already existing. If I select the folder of the venv outside it does not allow me to apply the changes (button is disabled).

Comments