Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

React: Handle Uncaught DOMException: Failed to construct 'WebSocket'

I need to handle the exception, so that I can show a proper message to user.

Handle/Catch Uncaught DOMException: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': An insecure WebSocket connection may not be initiated from a page loaded over HTTPS.

I need to do this because I'm building a demo React application which uses an insecure Websocket(not my own). And I need to deploy it on a GitHub page.

Since GitHub page will enforce HTTPS by default, the app cannot access the insecure Websocket unless the user clicks on 'Load Unsafe Script' button in the browser.

Hence I would like to catch the above exception to show an appropriate message only when required.

Comments