Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

incron not executing the mysql command

I have configured FTP on my Server and I want a functionality where when a csv file is uploaded in a particular folder then that csv should be imported into mysql tables.

For that I have installed incron.

My incrontab -e configuration is :

/var/ftp/test1/ IN_CREATE /usr/bin/mysql -h localhost -u root
-ppassword -e "TRUNCATE TABLE db1.test1; LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '$@$#' INTO TABLE db1.test1 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '\"' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' IGNORE 1 LINES;"

Now the issue this mysql command doesn't run on appearance of a new file though I can see an entry of it in /var/log/cron log file. When I copy the command printed in log file and try to run it, it runs perfectly.

Do anybody know what I'm doing wrong in this?

Comments