Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Node js Editing excel file as itself, not reading and writing

wb.xlsx.readFile(sourceFileName).then(function(){ 
    let SheetName = "Sheet1";
        var sh;
        sh = wb.getWorksheet(SheetName); 
        var cell = sh.getCell('C6');
        cell.value = 242;   
        wb.xlsx.writeFile(sourceFileName).then(function(){
            l(sourceFileName);
            shell.openItem(sourceFileName);
        });

    });

I'm using Exceljs to edit my excel file in my Electron App.

As you can see the code above, Exceljs methods are reading the file and writing it again.

The problem is my excel file loses some formats by doing this. So I need to find the way to edit the existing file itself, not read and write.

Is there any way to do this in javascript or nodejs or electronjs ??

Comments