Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

CodeBuild: DOWNLOAD_SOURCES timing out (using CodePipeline Wizard and CodeCommit)

For a demo application I thought I would just go with AWS tooling all the way and I am starting to get a bit frustrated here. All I want to do is get some Angular code packed and copied to an S3 bucket.

I had initially created a CodeBuild job only and somehow ran into this issue. Now that I went back and set everything up using the CodePipeline "New Pipeline" wizard, I am getting the same result in the download sources build phase:

DOWNLOAD_SOURCE Timed out BUILD_TIMED_OUT: Build has timed out.

I already found several recommendations about checking the role for the build. I manually addedd "S3FullAccess" and "CodeCommitPowerUser" without success. To my understanding though, everything should be funneled through that S3 bucket the CodePipeline set up. And it appears the initial step is properly picking up my code. It just never makes it into the build task:

Overview from CodePipeline

Originally I had hoped to quickly try this out and then set it up with CloudFormation afterwards. By now I'd be glad if it ever actually ran through my buildspec.yml.

Comments