Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Can linux C code can destroys Windows system drivers?

recently, I use cygwin to study c and c++. I usually don't made exit() code. so there is noway to exit from that code.

So I turn off process with ctrl+c and find pid from "$ ps" do "$ kill -9 pid" to kill program.

And after few kill, I found out my network drivers died. And I can't get access to that specific memory. (so I can't delete or re install driver) at that time I didn't know what happend, and I just format C drive and reinstall windows.

And after few days with few run of c code on cygwin, I found out I got same problem again. now I think the cygwin and my process kill was the problem.

So, can Linux c code on cygwin can destroys Windows system?

If it can, what is right way to kill code-run-process that doesn't have any exit code?

Comments