Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Commissioning Bind DNS Server for WLAN using Ubuntu 18.04

I'm trying to build a local DNS server (Bind Ubuntu 18.04) which I'm told is a requirement for Samba's Implementation of Active Directory.

When I try named-checkzone followed by the domain I get the following error:

dns_master_load: db.example.com:13: unexpected end of line dns_master_load: db.example.com:13: unexpected end of input zone example.com/IN: loading from master file db.example.com failed: unexpected end of input

The DNS server will also act as the active directory server. It runs as a VM in virtualBox in Bridged mode and has a static IP (192.168.0.75) that can be seen by the host VM and the rest of the network.

I've checked several guides and documentation but I cant see what I'm doing wrong.

I'm just trying to create a primary DNS server for the WLAN so I can get AD working, not sure why its this hard :/

Many Thanks for any response :)

Comments