Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Configure .bash_profile on mac

On my Mac, I use as the terminal app, iTerm 2, and as my code editor I use the Visual Studio Code Insiders. My .bash_profile file looks like this:

Print Screen

The only thing I actually wrote on it were the first 4 lines of code. The first one is to set the command python to run python3, and the second one is to open VSCode with the command vscode instead of code-insiders

So, two issues happening. Those alias I can't make them work, and every single time I open a terminal app, could be iTerm 2, Hyper, Terminal, it adds export PATH="$PATH:/Applications/Visual Studio Code - Insiders.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin" on the .bash_profile. It keeps adding forever. I just cleaned it up as it was with 598 lines on it.

And that gives me goosebumps. Could someone help me please :)

Comments