Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Converting text type to date type in Microsoft Access

So here's the deal. The .csv file I have for a project is too big for Excel (it doesn't display all the rows). I'm trying to use Access instead, which I'm slightly familiar with, but I'm no expert. Anyway, I converted the .csv file to a .txt file so it wouldn't mess up with my data and manually select the types for each column. Anyway, all the data types are fine except, surprise surprise, the date column! The format it's in is the following: yyyy-mm-dd (see pic below)

Access Link Text Wizard awfe

The problem is the following: if I choose "Date with Time" as the data type, all my records in that column become "Num!", which means there's probably at least one messed up record Access is not recognizing as a date. So, what I did was to import it as a "long text" and this is where I'm stuck. I don't know how to change it from a "long text" into a "date" with the same format as before (yyyy-mm-dd).

Any detailed help will be enormously appreciated as I'm sort of an Access rookie. I'm not saying give me a full tutorial but you know give me the crucial steps.

Thank you!

Comments