Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Definition of template class member function specialization doesn't emit symbol unless its unspecialized definition is outside the class

I'm reposting this problem, which I also encountered with Windows10, Visual Studio 2015.

Could someone tell me the recent progress of it?

Look at the following example. https://godbolt.org/g/wUavhy It seems like for every compiler except Visual Studio it doesn't matter if unspecialized function definition is outside or inside class. But MSVC emits symbol for specialization only for variant with #define INNER_DEFINITION 0. And for me it seems like it shouldn't matter too. Since this issue results in a linker error it may be quite counter-inutive to a programmer.

Comments