Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Issues migrating TargetSdkVersion to Oreo

I am having an Android app and due to Play Store polices which require an app to target Android Oreo to update it I am planning to migrate my TargetSdkVersion to Android Oreo.

I was browsing the changes in Android 7.0 I could not understand a particular part.

If an app posts Runnable tasks to a View, and the View is not attached to a window, the system queues the Runnable task with the View; the Runnable task does not execute until the View is attached to a window. This behavior fixes the following bugs:

If an app posted to a View from a thread other than the intended window’s UI thread, the Runnable may run on the wrong thread as a result.

If the Runnable task was posted from a thread other than a looper thread, the app could expose the Runnable task.

Can any one please help me understand this with an example case scenario as I am using runnable attached to views in various parts of my apps.

Any Help would be grateful.

Comments