Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Storing passwords for a 3rd Party Service in SQL

My project is an integration service between two web applications. I need to store various user's username/passwords in SQL in order to access their respective accounts on an external web application. (e.g. FTP user details or API credentials).

I can't hash the password as I need it as a string to connect to external applications. I know there are various options out there that encode based on a key file, but then where can I store the key file securely?

How can I store the password securely?

Its not massively sensitive data but I don't feel I can just throw it in a text field.

I'm using MYSQL and PHP

Comments