Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Unable to run a hello world docker image - beginner

It has been couple of days now, since I wanted to run Docker for Windows 10.

I get an error message when I try the following command. How can I solve it ?

docker run helloworld

this is the error message:

PS C:\Windows\system32> docker run helloworld C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe: error during connect: Post http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engin e/v1.39/containers/create: open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified. In the default daemon configuration on Windows, the docker client must be run elevated to connect. This error may also indicate that the dock er daemon is not running. See 'C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe run --help'. PS C:\Windows\system32>

I tried restarting, uninstall-reinstall and nothing made it to work

Note: Docker version I am using is

PS C:\Windows\system32> docker --version Docker version

18.09.0, build

Comments