Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Cannot disable redirecting at my Laptop(that i want to work as router)

I have a Belkin router at home that runs DHCP server and it sends its IP as default gateway for clients. I wanted all the traffic of other users to go through my laptop(Windows OS) to the router, so I disabled DHCP server on Belkin router and now I run DHCP server on my laptop(i have connected to the Router Wi-Fi with manual IP and default gateway that matches router's local IP). Now my laptop receives DHCP discoveries and sends offers and the DHCP part works fine, my laptop's local IP is the default gateway for other users. Now, when other user sends me a packet I need to forward it somehow to my gateway(Router's IP address). For this I enabled IPEnableRouter in registry editor, but now instead of sending incoming packet from user to Router, my laptop just sends back the redirect packet.

This is how it looks in Wireshark:

enter image description here

192.168.2.1 is user's local IP. He wanted to connect to 47.74.170.155 and he has sent me a packet because I am default gateway for him (IP on my laptop is set to 192.168.2.11 manually). But instead of somehow sending this packet to my default gateway(which is 192.168.2.101, the Belkin router), my laptop sends this Redirect packet back to user, here's how the packet looks like:

enter image description here

As i understand, laptop kinda says that heres my default gateway and use it, dont bother me please. So is there any way to disable this and make my laptop to send this packet to Router instead of sending the redirect to the user? I tried disabling EnableICMPRedirect in registry editor but that just disables adding entries in the routing table when redirection is received so i guess this is not what i need.

Comments