Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Include PHP file retrieved from MySQL Database

I am in the process of writing a blog and want to try and simplify the coding as much as possible.

I want to create a simple template that I can use to create each and every page / story. On the blog home page I want to call up these pages, only showing the last 5 stories.

All I need to know for now, is it possible to have each of these files load from a MySQL database as an include?

EG. Static code would look as follows:

<div class="container single-page">
                <?php
                include 'story1.php';
                include 'story2.php';
                include 'story3.php';
                include 'story4.php';
                include 'story5.php';
                ?>
</div>

Is it possible to have something like this:

<div class="container single-page">
                <?php
                include echo $results
                ?>
</div>

The reason I want to do this is because I want to do a select from my database to load certain stories, that my be determined by date / theme or any other criteria, and to achieve this one would just have to update the query.

Thanks in advance

Comments