Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Windows 10 DHCP service configuration used by hyperv default virtual switch

I would like to change the configuration of the DHCP service that responds under the default switch used by the HyperV virtual machines to access the internet.

In my case the VM get the address in the range 172.24.160.0/28 and I would like to change it to 192.168.100/24 plus set a different nameserver as default to be forwarded to the VM.

The connection is working and I can get internet connection on the VM, although the nameserver is not set properly and I need to setup manually for each machine.

I tried using powershell on the host machine to get the DHCP configuration but Get-DhcpServerSetting is not recognized by the system (just through me CommandNotFoundException).

Tried searching the registry but could not get from where this IP is coming from after searching it.

My system is a Windows 10 Pro, version 1803 (updated ‎19/‎05/‎2018). VM are running Ubuntu 18, servers and desktop.

Comments