Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

High-resolution slope and aspect information

Is it possible to use the ArcGIS platform to display a 3D world view where the terrain is shaded based upon slope and aspect? I have been able to successfully use a different mapping platform (Cesium) to get slope and aspect information anywhere in the 3D view under the mouse cursor, but it's not possible, as far as I can tell, to color the terrain based on this information, because calculating the slope and aspect information is too intensive. It needs to be done as a pre-process and then served to the client on demand as you zoom in and out of the map. Does anyone know if ArcGIS supports this kind of thing? Specifically, to use Cesium terminology, is there a terrain provider for ArcGIS that will stream high-resolution slope and aspect information to the web client?

I suppose it's worth asking, though I'll never be able to buy enough credits to put it into practice.

Comments