Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

How to install Mac Yosemite when Partition Table has been erased and Recovery Partition is missing

I've got the following problem:

A Mac was deleted by using GParted (i.e Partition table has been deleted completely), which contained 2 partitions:

  • System
  • Recovery system files (needed files to recover to factory)

It seems that the company did not want the hard drive to be erased. Instead, they wanted to install the OS again via the "Recover to factory settings". In order to do the latter, you need to have the partition that has been erased with GParted.

I tried finding the ISO (Yosemite version) on the internet of the Mac on the official website of Apple to reinstall it again but it seems that you need to be on a Mac to download the ISO (I do not have another Mac in the office).

The other thing that can be done is trying to recover the partition table (something I am not sure is doable) by using a CLI Live tool called "TestDisk".

As of now, I am waiting on the TestDisk, to finish the analysis.

Since I am not a Mac-savvy guy, what do you suggest to do?

Comments