Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Permissions on SAMBA not working as suposed

I have installed a new Server Ubuntu Linux 16.04.2 as a virtual machine inside a Citrix server, (I already have working a Ubuntu Linux 12.04.1 in another virtual machine in the same Citrix server, and all works fine with SAMBA)

In the new installation, SAMBA (version 4.3.11-Ubuntu) does not work as the in the old one.

I have setted the same config as old one but in the new (Mask and file to 777 and Force directory and file to 777)(see code).

When you write any file or copy (from the same clients as in the old one) a new file in those shares the file gets 755 permissions instead of 777 as it would be the setting by the config files.

Somebody can give me some help ?

Thanks. Regards

[newshare]
force create mode = 777
writeable = yes
create mode = 777
path = /home/ariseprog
force directory mode = 777
directory mode = 777

Comments