Donate. I desperately need donations to survive due to my health

Get paid by answering surveys Click here

Click here to donate

Remote/Work from Home jobs

Ranger/Rifle priorities on non conventional file suffixes

I recently started using the Ranger file manager and I really love it. I work with audio mostly and use it to organise and find different audio related files and as such I've found a problem that I simply don't know how to solve.

When defining what programs to open them with, some of my DAW files (having suffixes such as .rpp and .als) for some reason have the $PAGER and $EDITOR programs defined as the two top priorities and then at a third place my choice of program (in the case of .rpp files, Reaper64). see this screenshot.

How can I overwrite this when the file suffixes haven't otherwise been defined in my rifle.conf file ?

Here's what that part of my rifle.conf file looks like:

#--------------------------------------------
# Audio software
#-------------------------------------------
ext rpp, flag f = open -a REAPER64 -- "$@"
ext als, flag f  = open -- "$@"
ext maxpat = open -a Max -- "$@"

Comments